Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Precious Son

tonight when I was tucking Britton in, I told him that I was going to let him talk to Jesus without me in the room.  He said, no mommy, we need to pray together for Kate.  Not Kate in my class but my friends sister.  I said, Ok, what is wrong with Kate.  He said,"she is going to have seven heart surgeries".  I said, Ok. let's pray, you go first.  
I bowed my head and got on my knees and Britton began to pray. He said:
Dear God, please take care of everyone that loves you, thank you for this day you have given us, please help Kate get better so that the doctors can fix her heart.  Amen

Britton's intimacy with his Heavenly Father never ceases to amaze me.  There was no silliness in him when he was praying.  No, he prayed like a man with many years of life experience under his belt.  Sometimes I feel like our roles are reversed.  Like he is teaching me about an intimate walk with Christ instead of me teaching him.  

God has big plans for my precious son....I just know it....now if I would just get out of the way! *chuckle*

No comments:

Post a Comment