Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hannah Montana, boys and girls...


tonight after tucking the boys, I settled down in my room thinking I could find some movie to watch to entertain myself...Instead I found the Hannah Montana/Miley concert on HBO.  So, of course b/c it's clean and I enjoy the music as much as any little girl, I watched it....In between songs at the concert they show behind the scenes stuff with her family and radio stations, etc.  There is this one part that always gets me...it actually takes place in West County Mall in STL and it is a high heel derby for Dads to win Hannah Montana tickets at Scottrade.  I don't know why, maybe b/c I'm a softie for the Daughter/Daddy relationship, but I cry everytime I see those Dad's running as fast as they can in high heels to win tickets for their daughter.  It always makes me feel a little regret that Josh will never have the experience of that extremely special bond between a father and a daughter...How he will feel so protective it scares him, how he watches her become a woman...I have no doubt that Josh feels protective of his boys, but it's different...so so different.  He will never experience that dance with her at the prom, or walk her down the aisle at her wedding.....It's funny...I know I'm not God, but I can picture our Bella as sure as I breathe.  I know exactly how she looks....and I even see her at times interacting with the boys.  I really feel like we are done having children, but occasionally when I watch things like Hannah on tv and I see pettiskirts at the store, I long to have another one.  
Dont get me wrong...I would trade NOTHING for my boys!  They are my funny place, my wild, they encourage me to get dirty, to touch worms, race through the yard and read about books and dinosaurs.  They have turned me into a boy mom...(actually I think I've always been a boy mom)  
I just pray that my boys get to experience as Daddy's the relationship between themselves and a lil girl...Until then, I will enjoy other little girls and become more of a boy mom and become the BEST boy mom ever!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment