Monday, September 7, 2009

bikes, bikes and more bikes



today was day one of the Tour of Missouri 2009...I have been counting down the days since April....because I knew we would be taking the boys to the race in St Louis and that the next day it would be in Cape!  They had a blast!  Brit said, "this is so awesome" and Aidan even enjoyed the bicycles....the race at St Louis was about 3 hours in length and it was just as Britton said, it was AWESOME!!!  It is so amazing to be just 3 feet from the world famous cyclists that you have seen on TV racing in France!  Jens Vaught was there and we watched him take a HUGE tumble in France this summer...he looked like he recovered fine!  Another huge moment for me was Floyd Landis was there and riding...never thought we'd see that again!  Of course, my favorite, LEVI was there and that was exciting, but Brit wanted to cheer Jens on, so we will follow the race even AFTER it has left Cape and cheer on Jens!  
My boys are learning that there are more organized sports out there than just baseball, basketball and football and I LOVE it!  I didn't learn this life lesson until later in life...and I wish I had..but I will celebrate these precious  moments when I can show my boys another world!  
I am attaching a picture of Aidan and his Daddy....when I took the picture I was saying, say cheese, aidan smile...no go...I said, say bicycle..he looked straight at the camera and said "bicycle"...I told Josh later..just watch, he will end up being our cyclist!  

No comments:

Post a Comment