Monday, August 8, 2011

Mars, Moms and Sons

It's almost time!  I have waited, checked the Disney website, watched all the trailers..and TOMORROW is the day!  Mars Needs Moms will be available in stores tomorrow!  Big deal, you might be thinking...But, Berkeley Breathed has been a favorite author of mine since I first purchased Edward Fudwupper Fibbed Big for my oldest son, Britton on his first birthday.  The illustrations were bright & colorful and the Dr Seuss-like rhymes made reading it an adventure!  I immediately began a quest to find MORE Berkeley Breathed books for our personal library and stumbled upon Red Ranger Came Calling at a yard sale...score!  When Mars Needs Moms came out..I read the book with a quivering voice and tears burning my eyes and thought we had hit the mother load!  (no pun intended)  There is so much wonderful literature out there, but for some reason, there is so little describing the love a mother has for her son and how SOMETIMES those sons don't realize what they have.  Mars Needs Moms quickly became a favorite of mine and Brittons and we would read it together almost daily!  BONUS: It became the FIRST books he took to Kg to share with his class.  When we heard through the entertainment grapevine that the movie was being made we counted down the days!  When it was in theatres, my oldest son and middle son and I got dressed up, went to eat and then went to the movies and watched our favorite book play out on screen.  If I do say...I was the luckiest girl in the theatre that night! (and NO I was NOT biased!)


So..If you're a mom of boys, check out Mars Needs Moms tomorrow...I'm sure it will be in Red Box soon enough! Pop some popcorn...pour yourself a glass of Dt Coke and your lil handsome guy a Root Beer and sit down and enjoy some Momma/Son time...all too soon, it will end and that moment spent watching a movie that shows the beauty in a mother/son relationship will be one of his fondest memories...I'm sure it will rank high as yours too...or at least it is mine! 
Me and my little men...LtoR: Aidan, Britton & Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment