Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Time




In four days my oldest child will turn 7. I remember so clearly the feeling of pure joy I felt when I first saw him. I have been thinking all week of the first time I saw him and the moments after. I remember my mom gasping in joy and saying, "Oh Misty" when she saw him exit my body and enter into this world. I remember how he refused to cry and how when they kept putting oxygen on him he would bat it away. He didn't need oxygen, silly nurses! I remember that he finally did cry as they gave him his bath and man did he cry! I remember it all. I found some pictures recently of Brit around 6 months of age, the same age as Liam. I sat in the floor and stared at them and thought where has the TIME gone? Yes, I know, he is ONLY 7..but it has went too fast. Let me tell you my thought process here...
My brother, who is now 23, was seven when I got married. I remember so vividly the little boy he was. Now, in four short months he will be getting married himself. Where has the time gone? He is a grown man now and ready to start a life of his own, like I did some 15 years ago. I know some of the time passed while I was in college and working. But pass it did...Now, here we are...my oldest son is 7, the same age my brother was when I got married and all I can think is I'm not ready for it to pass quite as quickly this time. I don't have any regrets with my brother because as much as I love him, he is not mine. But this time... I want to enjoy every moment....breathe in every second....and live every minute with my son. I don't want to be standing in a church with Britton ready to watch him marry his bride and say where did the time go? I do not want any regrets. I want to cherish it all. Every single bit of it! Even the times when we disagree or he makes poor choices....all of it. Because Britton is mine.
So here's to the next 15 years with my eldest son...I know without a doubt he will do great things..I am so proud to be his momma...so my prayer is God if you see me NOT enjoying every moment with him...give me a jolt...wake me up...shake me..remind me...how quick the time goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment