Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our Song

With both Aidan and Britton, I had found a special song that represented our "first year" together. Brit's was "I don't wanna miss a thing" & Aidan's was "In My Arms". I have been trying so hard to come up with a song that is Liam and I. He is now six months old and time seems to be flying by. In no time at all I will need to put my video together of our first year with Liam. I heard a song the other day, have heard it a million times but for some reason it struck a chord with me. It is "Smile" by Uncle Kracker. The song is written by a man about the woman he is in love with..but as I listened I realized in a funny way, it described the relationship Liam and I have and the love that he brings to this family. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I have a feeling this will be "our song"...
I know it's silly, but when I think of my boys and "Our Song(s)" I have a million different images in my mind. One is so clear and special it gives me pause. It is a picture of me dancing with my boys, at their weddings, with "Our Song" playing...our last dance before he forever looks at his bride the way he looks at me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment