Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today, a very important day...

Today, December 7, 2010 started like any other day. I got the boys up, started getting everyone dressed. Would stop every few minutes to play with Liam who was laying on my bed. However, this morning, I had this urge to watch this video on the new WOW 2011 DVD I had just purchased. I turned it on and listened to the song that I like and was ready to turn it off. The next song on the DVD came on and Brit said, "ooh Newsboys, momma can I watch this?" I looked at the clock..."sure, but just this one and then we gotta get goin." The song came on, we watched the video and then we turned off the tv and went downstairs. We got our shoes and coats on and loaded up in the van. As we were backing out of the driveway Britton asked me a question that would begin a conversation that would forever mark this day in history. The conversation went something like this. "Momma, what does Born Again mean?" I said, "Well, when you tell God that you want him to be the Lord of your life, and you ask him to forgive you for your sins, you leave your old life behind and are kind of born again." He said, "I wanna do that." I said, "well..do you believe Jesus is your Savior and that he died for you?" "Yes." "Well, have you asked Him to forgive you for your sins?" "No, I'm gonna do that right now." He bows his head and I hear him pray. In my mind I was thinking, God is this for real? Is this THE moment? Is this IT? Britton is at a crossroads Lord, did he just choose YOU? He raised his head up and said "Momma, now I need to be Baptized." In my mind/heart, I said, oh yes, Lord, you have definitely been talking to him. I assured him that we would talk to our preacher and he said ok. He jumped out of the car and said goodbye to his brothers, told me he loved me and shut the van door and walked into school.
Wow..I have always known/hoped this moment would come. I just never dreamed it would happen when I was taking him to school! But then again, nothing with Britton has ever occurred the way I THOUGHT it would or should. Britton has always been HIS own person. He was born older, independent, brilliant! He is my serious child who takes everything to heart. He was always God's. When I was pregnant with him, I would lay my hands on my tummy and pray for him. It was the only time he was ever still. It was like he KNEW. He has his own convictions and always has. This is just another step in his walk with his Savior. Today, God/Jesus went from Britton's pal to his Savior. What a day...
Britton, I am so honored to be your momma. I have always said, you are awesome, in spite of your father and me...We love you so much...
love, momma

No comments:

Post a Comment