Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12, 2010

Today my son was baptized. Britton put on his swim shorts and a tee shirt and walked to the front of the church. He stepped into a pool of water, declared his faith in God, professed to follow Him and then....he took the mike from our preacher! I know, it wasn't what I expected either. I was shocked. I had this urge to reach forward and take the mike from him, but a small voice said, "be still". I later found out that Josh heard the SAME still small voice. Here is what Britton said: Hello, my name is Britton and I was born on March 13. My mom and dad love me very much and I know that Jesus loves me very much too. I am going to be baptized today because I know he died for my sins and I am going to be born again because I love him too.

I was shocked...stunned...speechless...and in tears. He is such an amazing little boy, always has been. Britton has always been his own person. He didn't need me on Tuesday when he accepted Christ into his heart and he didn't need me today, when he entered into baptism. He made his decision. He followed through with it. It was his and his alone. THAT is how I know this was real. I KNOW without a doubt that TODAY my son was born again...

So, Britton, never forget today. It was the day that you decided to live your life for God. You did so with such honesty and purity that it touched everyone who witnessed it. Someday, you may doubt this decision. Just know that that is normal. It is at this moment that you just have to TRUST that God has you in the palm of his hand as he did on this day and you belong to Him. He loves you and he understands your doubts. Just ask him to help you through this period of doubt. We call this blind faith. Where you continue to follow HIM even when you're not sure what you're doing, or why. Just give it time. God will remove your doubts, if you let him. I love you son. I am very proud of you!

xo Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment