Saturday, December 4, 2010

Discovery!




Tonight I had a revelation!! I was eating supper with my family and was hit practically right between the eyes....I had my fork posed to go in my mouth and I said out loud to Josh, "Why I Never Traded My High Heels For Muddy Boots"..**chuckle** Josh looked at me and said, um ok?! I said THAT is the name of my book!
I have known since the beginning that I was going to write about being the mother of sons. I just had no idea WHAT direction I was going to go in. NOW I know! I have been flooded with ideas and feel so much more motivated! I had kind of hit a slump in my writing as of late. I had NO motivation and was finding a million reasons NOT to write! NOW...I have a direction.
I am so excited! So motivated!!
NOW, it's time to vent...why do people feel the need to apologize to me for having boys. My sons are not a consolation prize...they are my children, my precious ones..my angels...they are not the "consolation prize" in my quest to have a girl...they are NOT steps along my road to "get that" girl. My sons...THEY are the prize. THEY are the steps along my road to grow as a mother. There is no other goal, no other aspirations, no other desires. To be a good mother to my three sons IS my goal! One I take very seriously.
So, if you see me out, whether you catch us on a crazy day or a calm one, do me a favor. Do not feel sorry for me. Look at me and my three boys and say, Wow, that woman's EVERY dream has come true! How awesome is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment