Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wishes


I watched Miss Potter tonight on TV.  Every time I watch this movie, I can't help but get on my computer and look up Hill Top Farm in Cumbria in England.  I cannot wait to take Britton to this most beautiful place.  I have been reading stories of Beatrix Potter's during our reading time together and he adores the stories, as I knew he would!  I know that Britton is a child after my soul.  He has the heart that adores learning of new places and he enjoys reading.  Why, just today, he read an ENTIRE book all on his own.  I only assisted with a few words.  An ENTIRE book!  At the age of 5....I am so proud of him.  I can imagine he and I in England walking along the countryside, writing in our journals all that we are unable to speak audibly to each other.  Then, hopefully, we can switch journals and I will see how the countryside of another country, another CONTINENT touches his heart and compare it to how it touches mine.  I have told Britton of Beatrix Potter and will make it a point to someday, soon, show him her home on my computer and EVENTUALLY show him in REAL LIFE!  Someday soon!  Very Soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment