Sunday, June 14, 2009

Footprints


I saw a footprint on the steps going down the stairs in my house today.  The type of carpet I have is really fluffy and sometimes if you step just right, you can leave a footprint.  Well, evidently Brit did...I am not sure why it caught my eye, but it did and I couldn't fight the urge to bend down and touch it.  I had the sudden thought, that in such a short time, I would look down and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Brit's footprints or his daddy's.  Sometimes I get in such a hurry helping Brit grow, talking with him about when he becomes a man, that I don't realize that every day he is one step closer.  Why is it that they are little for such a short time?! I am writing this in the hopes that someday, as I am walking down the stairs and look down and notice a size 11 man footprint, I will be able to look back in my blogs and remember what it was like to look down and see a size 11 little boy footprint.  A breath taking memory....

No comments:

Post a Comment