Monday, September 19, 2011

The Ultimate ESPRESSO

Had a startling realization yesterday.  For the last week, I have found myself to be VERY grumpy and irritable.  Things that normally roll right off my back, really hurt me and things that are normally ignorable have driven me up a wall!  Major grumpy mode.
Yesterday, I was sitting in church and had this sudden thought....for the past two weeks, things have been so hectic..actually, scratch that..since the first day of school this school year, things have been NUTS...Getting three up, dressed, fed, teeth brushed, driven to school, then home to chase a one year old, who amazingly enough, can wreak more destruction than the other two combined, has made me have this undesirable urge to SLEEP!  Whenever I sit still for too long, I am out.  Eyes close, head bobbing..the whole kit n caboodle!  This new love and desire for sleep, has caused me to do one thing and I believe that this could be the cause for is my extremely grumpy mood (no comments hubby, please)..This new schedule (as opposed to the laid back philosophy we adopted over the summer) has caused me to oversleep and miss my daily quiet time.  That wonderful time that this summer, I spent on my deck or in my chair reading, talking and listening to Him hasn't been happening.  That precious time where I enjoy his presence....I've been missing it.  No time in His word...no journal writing...Insert grump-ola here!   
It is just like when I haven't seen my kids or my husband for a substantial period of time. I have noticed that if I have to go more than 24-48 hours away from my kids, I am always so eager to have them back with me...to see their smiling face...hear their raucous giggles.  And, if by some chance, I am not able to see them for longer than 48 hours, I get a wee bit grumpy (as Aidan would say).  And, now, I notice, the same holds true for my Abba...I haven't gotten to speak to him (my fault) or sit and enjoy his presence (my fault again) consistently since school started...and man is my attitude showing it!  Grouchy McGroucherson party of one!

(did I mention I've been grouchy?)

The problem that I have, and as a fellow momma, you may suffer from this too..is HOW...how do we do it? How do we get up...when we are dying to sleep for 30 more mins before we hit the ground running...(literally, remember I have a 1 year old!).  How do we keep our bodies from crashing...or nodding off during our quiet time? When life is all about schedules right now...how?!  And while I would like to say, "well, let me tell you", I cannot.  I, like all you other momma's, am going to just have to figure this one out myself.  But one thing is for sure...in order for me to be a happy momma, I am going to have to meet my Abba..every morning...without fail.  Perhaps, we aren't all that much UNLIKE the desciples in the garden...we too, wanna sleep, instead of conversing with Him.  hmmmm...However, he has told us...through David, that My(our) soul finds rest in God alone; my(our) salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my(our) rock and my(our) salvation; he is my(our) fortress, I(we) will never be shaken....though coffee is, huh, well, AWESOME...HE is my rock...I only truly find rest and feel rejuvenated when I am with Him...He is, in coffee terms, my quad venti whatever-ochino!
So, tomorrow morning...join me...you in your spot, me in mine...and in spirit we will join Him...and thank Him for the energy to get through the day.  Whether your day involves corporate mergers, driving a tractor, serving food or chasing a one year old...we can do it...while we may get tired...one whispered prayer and he will rejuvenate us...
O God, you are my God 
earnestly I seek you;
My soul thirsts for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.  
And in meeting him...we will be rejuvenating...re hydrating.
Let's keep our souls hydrated...
My "spot"

No comments:

Post a Comment