Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10 things Disney taught me...

I'm BACK!  The last few weeks have been ca-razy!  Two weeks ago we were at Disney World.. you may be looking at your calendar thinking, well it's been 3 weeks, where has she been? Let me just tell you..I forgot how much work a vacation is!  A BIG, 5 membered vacation is in a word...HARD WORK (ok, so 2 words)!  The week before we went I was packing and cleaning and packing some more.  The week after we got back, I was dead tired!  We went and went the entire time we were there.  So much so, that two of the 3 kids came home with colds. (nice)
But..now..1 1/2 weeks later, I finally feel like I am caught up (well, that's what I'm telling myself anyway) and I would like to share a bit of my "travel" to Disney wisdom with you!  The trip overall was phenomenal!  I can say, though, after getting three kids and myself and Daddy Monkey through post 9-11 security, I felt we actually needed a Musical moment where we burst into our theme song while putting on our tennis shoes and frantically chasing a non strapped in Liam through the terminal...hey hey we're the monkeys...the craziest people around...you get the gist.  After being back now for a few weeks, and having time to digest all that happened in the wonderful world of Disney, I thought the BEST way to let you glean from what I learned at Disney would be to make a top 10 list!  (I figured another Disney "guidebook" was a bit too much!)  So, here we go...

 1.  One year olds do not like waiting in line!  (make note of Daddy Monkey's face)

2.  It is not a good idea to dump the popcorn in the floor of the stroller, even IF the baby is able to feed themselves after doing so! (guess whose idea THIS was..I'll give ya a hint..he's a man)

3.  Those are NOT costumes in the parade!  They are the REAL characters! ~per Aidan

4.  One should never conform! 
(While others shiver in fear from the appearance of Darth Vader, Aidan looks on in excitement!)

5.  Mickey souvenirs are not the ONLY dark force at work at Disney World! 

6.  Naps are very important.  Take it when you can get it!
7.  One must search, but you CAN find food that isn't shaped like Mickey Mouse at Disney!

8.  Always give up your seat for a lady.  (Britton is standing because he had just surrendered his seat to a lady..all at his own will)

9.  Vacations are the perfect place to build on relationships!

and last but NOT least...10.  even boys like princesses (especially if they are a TRUE prince)

me and my 4 Prince's (oh, and Belle)

-A vacation that I will never forget!  Love you Monkeys!!

~Love, 
Momma Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment