Saturday, January 1, 2011

Be Where You Belong


I saw this statement on the wall at REI in Colorado Springs, CO during our recent trip. I hesitate in blogging about it because I don’t want anyone offended, but I feel it is something I need to write about and as blogging is my modern journal, here goes!
All my life I have had a rather adventurous heart! Some may say restless. But I can honestly say that now, at the age of 33 my restless heart or adventurous heart is being guided by my Abba. I have always loved to try new things. I love going to new places. I love meeting new people. Lately, for the past year, I have felt God calling my heart to begin a new chapter in my life. I have had this indescribable pull toward Colorado Springs. I kept telling Josh we need to vacation there. So, we packed up the car and we went. The hiking, the outdoors lifestyle, the environment, the weather, it all made me feel so at home. On day 4 of our 5 day stay there, I was in REI doing a bit of shopping. I was standing in line ready to pay for my purchases and I looked up. On the wall it said “Be Where You Belong.” I couldn’t help but chuckle. It seemed to say in four words, what I had been trying to describe since we had arrived. I felt I belonged there! I felt as if I fit. When we went to Focus on the Family, I felt that God had a purpose for me to see such an amazing ministry. I know that God has a purpose for everything in my life. And because I try to let Him have the steering wheel, I know he is guiding me. I just can’t hardly wait to see which direction he is going to send us. If he sends us to Colorado, we will go. (me a bit more eager than Josh, I believe, but go we shall) If he calls us to North Carolina, we will go. Wherever, he wants us to go...we will go....As I said, I am just so impatient to see WHERE that will be!
I lift my eyes to the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment