Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a day...


On August 23, 2010, Liam Jakob "officially" joined our family! I had a c-section and was a little scared. It's a frightening experience knowing that you are going to be cut open and have to heal. All I kept thinking before I got in there was, "my boys..." I definitely didn't want to leave them without a momma if something were to go wrong. But all my worrying was for naught. I came through the surgery perfectly. My wonderful husband stood by my head and talked to me and I had excellent doctor's and nurses who took great care of me and helped me relax while my youngest son was delivered into the world.
The moment when Liam cried is unlike anything I can explain. He belted out a scream that puts his brother's to shame! He was not thrilled to be out of his home. They brought him over to the table to clean him up and he looked so sweet. He screamed and screamed...I cried and cried...It amazes me how I can feel kind of disconnected to this child in me because I am so preoccupied by the two running around outside of me and then all I have to do is hear the cry....one sound and you are rendered completely helpless....all you want to do is help this baby be happy...to love him..to hold him...to give him snuggles..

No comments:

Post a Comment