Sunday, August 15, 2010

First Grade


Britton~
you start first grade tomorrow morning. You were so excited tonight that though we had you tucked in at 8:30, you were still awake at 10. When I went in to check on you, you said, "Momma, I can't go to sleep". I was always like that too...I couldn't WAIT to start each school year.
We have had such a fun summer. We went to Destin, Florida, St Louis (many times) and Uncle Ricky took you to Trail of Tears. We swam, played with bubbles, rode bikes, threw rocks in the river, played in the sprinkler, played with the neighbor kids and ate A LOT of popsicles!!! I was expecting Liam this entire summer. Which made doing things so difficult at times. You were so patient with me though. You would help me out. You'd clean up your toys and occasionally offer to get me something if you thought I needed it. You played with your brother and grew before my eyes. You took Tennis lessons this summer and decided you didn't want to play soccer this summer, but instead wants to play basketball in the winter. You have developed a mind of your own, which you've always KIND OF had, but REALLY have become an independent thinker.
You look more and more like a BOY instead of a lil kid. You are constantly trying to teach your brother something new. You are becoming quite the BIG brother.
I am so proud of you Brit! You are a true gem. You make being a mom an easy job. You always have. I enjoy being your mom. Always have. You are my first child/son. Just keep in mind as you enter first grade that as much as I love you, which is a lot...God loves you more. You are His...He is always with you, as long as you want Him there. Be a light for Him in your new school. You will be fine....your daddy and I will pray for you during the day while you are going through your day. I love you and can't believe you are a 1st grader...cheers to you my oldest son...I am proud of you...here's to a GREAT 1st grade year!!!

Love you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment