Saturday, August 21, 2010

Brit's first 1K



Britton ran a 1k today! We weren't sure if he could do it...he's never really ran before. We tried practicing at home and he would poop out on us. Josh was resistant to sign him up....finally we decided to go for it. He really wanted to do it. We figured what's the harm...worse case scenario, we lose 8 dollars because he doesn't wanna do it on race day...
Race day: I had to get him up at 6:45. I woke him up. He was eager. He was in the car before me. We got to the race and we cheered Daddy and Uncle Ricky on during their 5k...It was pouring down rain. I kept explaining to Britton that if he changes his mind about the race it was no big deal. His answer: Mom, it's just rain, I get wet when I go swimming. You could have pushed me over with a feather!
When it came time for his race he was so excited but he was also ALL business! He got at the start and when they said go MANY kids bolted out of the start. Britton paced himself. We were so proud! He ran the entire race and only walked once during the last, when he walked for about 30 seconds then he turned it on and ran across the finish!!! He passed kids bigger than him! He finished in 20th place out of about 50 kids, and he finished in 6mins 54secs. I have never felt more proud! He did SUCH a good job! He finished with a smile!!! He says next year he is going to train more so he can win a medal...I have NO doubt that he will do just that! SOOOOO proud of you Britton!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment