Friday, May 6, 2011

Music...Life...Joy's & Tragedy

A week or so ago, I found out that one of my friends from high school's brother has leukemia. They rushed him to a St Louis hospital with the hopes that the type they believed it was would be easy to nip in the bud. 6 days later, they find out it's worse than they believed. He is a husband & a daddy of 3 girls exactly the same ages as my boys. My heart sunk. I knew I wanted to send an e card to him and his wife at the hospital, but wasn't sure what to say...I decided to wait..

I was bebopping around the kitchen, music playing on my computer...love the new Brandon Heath's cd...Aidy's eating lunch, Liam's eating a cracker in his high chair and I am trying to get the boys to eat. All of a sudden, I felt the urge to stop. I was reminded of the testimony of Jeremy Camp, the Christian music artist who lost his wife to cancer & the song that his experience inspired.

God had given me the words to share with him and his wife. I don't know if they will comfort him or her...how DO you comfort someone in the prime of their lives after they've been told this may be it? What do you say? What do you do? I did all that I know to do...I placed them in the hands of my Father...he is Healer, Comforter, Sustainer, and a beautiful Poet...HE can take care of the situation in a way I cannot.

If I am ever in the situation that my friends are in, I pray that you, my friends/family will remind me of this post...b/c I know when you're IN the mire, you don't always remember what you KNOW to be true...

No comments:

Post a Comment