Thursday, May 19, 2011

Endings, beginnings & contemplations

This week is the last week of the school for Britton & Aidan. Brit is finishing first grade & Aidan is taking a break from preschool. He will start pre-K in the fall. I most of the day watching Britton at his track & field day. After he was out for the day, I went to Aidan's school to bring him home from his last day of the 2010-2011 preschool year for him. When I got to Aidan's school, I went in with his teacher and had a conference about his progress for the school year. It was such a thought provoking moment for me, I haven't been able to get it off my mind. Aidan is the middle child. Now, I have read all the literature that tells me what to expect from my middle boy, but today, I realized something about my middle son, that I don't believe I have noticed before. In several pictures that Aidan's teachers showed me, he was playing alone. Now, as a mom, worry immediately struck...does he have friends? does no one like him? is he sad? lonely? But then his teachers had noted that while yes, he does sometime go off and play alone, he DOES play with friends. My thoughts veer into another direction. On days when Aidan doesn't have school, he frequently asks me when Liam is going to take a nap. During his baby brother's nap time, he plays alone. I believe that my little middle guy, who is usually surrounded by his brothers, NEEDS and THRIVES on that alone time! Don't get me wrong, yes, I do still worry! But, don't we ALL need time to be alone with our own thoughts..our own PERSONAL time? Aidan has ALWAYS been early on everything he has done...I guess, needing his own personal time, is no different.

Love You Aidan Dale...proud of you...and son don't EVER be afraid, to steal off by yourself for time for yourself...it takes a confident little guy to do that!
love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment