Friday, October 9, 2009

Purple or Pink




Today I was reminded of a book that Britton and I used to LOVE to read together.  My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss...Yesterday, I was at Kohl's trying new shirts and I had to stop a second and look at my cart.  EVERY shirt I had picked out was Purple!  I couldn't remember what the book said Purple represented in way of feelings, but I knew it was mentioned in the book.  After I got home and tried on several of the shirts, realized that I didn't like them so much.  So, after we picked up the kiddos, we went BACK to Kohl's and I exchanged them.  I picked out some replacements and headed home.  This morning, I was putting away my new shirts when I noticed that for some reason, I had exchanged every purple shirt and bought PINK ones!  
I headed downstairs and found the book and saw that according to Dr. Seus, Purple is a day for feeling sad..."I groan, I drag my tail, I walk alone."  The choice of pink was mentioned by Dr. Seuss as well..."When my days are happy pink, it's great to jump and just not think."
This may sound silly to some, but it makes total sense to me.  Yesterday, I spent most of the day alone...I wasn't sad, necessarily, but was feeling a little melancholy.  Then when my boys and husband came home, I found myself giggling, running a race, playing duck duck goose...I was happy...I bought the purple shirts alone, the pink shirts with my family...Which lead me to the conclusion that I am happier (naturally) when my family is with me.  Explains so much, of this past year, to me!  
With all this thinking, I have come to this conclusion.... Dr. Seuss, was a BRILLIANT man!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment