Friday, June 17, 2011

To Serve Part 2

Britton praying and holding the flashlight
Aidan's turn!
running to the next house...they were really excited to do this!


Once again, I spent the week trying to decide in what way God wanted to use me and the boys...I had thought we would do one thing, but felt that we would have to do that at a later time. Tonight, I was standing on our front porch and it was just starting to get dark. I looked at my two eldest sons coloring on the sidewalk with chalk and was taking that moment to thank God for these two precious blessings. I was suddenly reminded of something I had previously read. I told Brit to run in and get a flashlight and asked Aidan to get some shoes on. When Brit came out with his flashlight I told the boys we were going to go on a prayer walk. The plan was to walk from house to house and shine the flashlight at the house or yard and then pray for the family inside. The book suggested the parents pray, but I thought it would be a good idea for us all to say a prayer. We stopped at the first house and we all prayed and held the flashlight...Britton prayed for the people to be safe. When Aidan prayed, we all had to chuckle a little..he prayed that God would welcome them in the neighborhood. (these neighbors have been here for 3 years) We spent the next 45 minutes walking from house to house on our little street and praying for protection, good health, for us to be a light, for losses, for their futures and the list went on and on. Then we got back to our house. We ended the walk with prayer for our family and our home.

Psalms 141:2 May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

It was a great time in prayer as a family...and I know that God heard our prayers...and just like the psalms we set our prayer before him...and lifted our hands like the evening sacrifice...and we even did it in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment