Monday, June 6, 2011

the Griffin boys...to serve or not to serve is NO LONGER a question!

If you read my previous post..you know that serving others and showing others generosity has been on my mind. Today, God has been convicting me about taking that one step further. Like anyone who has a profession "outside" of the home, I take my job seriously...I am a full time mommy. That is what God has called me to do...therefore, for whatever reason, he has called me to, with my husband & God's help, shape my three little guys into the young men God wants them to be. I take it seriously..obviously, I gave up a career to do so. Don't get me wrong...all you mommy's whom God has called to work outside the home & be a mommy have all my admiration! I am lucky to do ONE thing well...and well, you guys juggle a lot of balls!
Anyway, so I am home...and this summer, Josh and I have went back and forth....tons of camps for kids, OR conserve resources and get some of this debt that plagues us paid off...to my sadness yet happiness...the latter one...Brit is going to one camp (Boy Scout) and swim lessons..Aidan just swim. At first, I was like, great, Josh, YOU stay home with 3 boys all day, every day for an entire summer...Then God showed me a different way...
Years ago, I bought a book called Families on Mission. It is a practical book that has little "random acts of kindness" in it to help teach your children the importance of serving. So, here we go! The Griffin boys & mom are going to choose ONE serving opportunity each week & put it into action! IF we can squeeze in more (in between the simple craziness of life) we will..but 1 is our goal! I will blog about our experience and hopefully it will inspire others to learn from our mistakes, glean from our successes OR take their own families & serve those around them!
For you Father!!

No comments:

Post a Comment