Sunday, December 13, 2009

wrapping presents for others

Yesterday afternoon, Britton was helping me wrap the presents for the kiddos who were to be at our house for the Small Group Christmas party.  As we sat in the floor, surrounded by paper, tape and ribbon, I realized I was two presents short.  In a panic, I called Josh, who was out running errands and asked him to please stop at the store and buy two more presents.  After I got off the phone, I looked at Brit and said, "whew, that was close."  Brit, ever so serious, said, "mama, if we don't have enough presents, I will give them my presents." I said, "No Brit, you don't have to do that."  He said, "mama, it's ok, because I love people."   
"I knew I caught a glimpse of Heaven's love as he thanked me and ran out, and that God had sent this little boy to remind me what Christmas is all about."  ~The Christmas Shoes, Newsong
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment