Monday, August 24, 2009

A Little Britton in my day!

 Since Britton has started school....I have noticed he chats my ear off when he gets home...It's like he misses talking to me...or at least that is what I thought and was confirmed in my thinking today.  When we were on our way to recycling, Britton said, "momma, are you gonna have a baby when I grow up?" I said, "no baby, momma is done having babies."  He said, "but you will be all alone,"  I said, "Oh, I'll be ok."  He said, "Momma, I'm really gonna miss you when I grow up." I looked in the rear view mirror and he had tears in his eyes.  I said, "oh, Brit it will be ok, I'll come see you and call you." 
I cannot help but wonder if when he's 27 he will still feel like this! lol!  
When he got home, he was sitting on his bed, I was in his closet getting out some clothes.  He said, 'momma, the girl Kate in my class,' "uh, uh," I said, 
"She has fallen madly in love with me."  
I thought, oh no, what do I say?
I said,"Well, what makes you think that?"
He said, "she said she is my best friend, but I think she has fallen MADLY in love with me!"
I know he has to grow up, but after these two little stories, I realize, I need a little Britton in my day...I need to make time for us to "TALK" more!  He is so interesting!  I love that child of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment