Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Brave Boy


Britton went to the Third Day, Toby Mac, Michael W. Smith concert with his daddy and his brother Aidan a few days ago. They had a blast. I was home with a disconnected jaw. On the way home from the concert, Josh called me and said he had sent a picture to my phone. It was of Britton, Josh, Aidan and TobyMac. I was shocked. I thought they must have done a meet and greet. When Josh got home he gave me the scoop. Britton said at the concert how badly he wanted to meet TobyMac. Josh informed him that he couldn't because TobyMac was so busy. Britton wouldn't take no for an answer. Josh finally told him that if he wanted to talk to TobyMac maybe he could go ask the security lady by the stage. Britton walked over there, all by himself, and asked the lady if he could meet TobyMac. She politely informed him that TobyMac was really busy and wouldn't be able to meet him. Britton said that he really wanted to tell him that he liked his song. The lady said well, tell me your name and I'll pass it along to him. Britton informed her his name was Britton and then walked over to his daddy, bummed. A bit later, the lady came up to them and asked them to come with her. She put passes on them and took them backstage where TobyMac stood waiting for them. Britton told TobyMac how much he liked his song and even sang a bit of it for him. TobyMac joined in. Then they talked about sports where TobyMac informed Britton that his son liked soccer too and how cool it would be if they could play with each other. Josh said TobyMac was amazing. Britton was thrilled and Aidy was petrified! oh well...
I am unbelievably proud of my brave Britton. I have always thought that someday he will move mountains. He is way too passionate about too many things...now I KNOW he will move mountains because he will NOT take no for an answer. Very much a David. I am so proud of you Brit!

No comments:

Post a Comment